Saturday, March 06, 2010

Very Good News

Have you heard the good news? We, created by God, are so loved by Him, that He sent his only son, Jesus, to come to earth and be the perfect sacrifice. Jesus died to erase the sins of mankind forever if we choose to obey Him by being baptized and following after Him. You probably have heard it. Even typing it, I struggled to not yawn at the cliché wording. But it’s GOOD NEWS. I forget how good sometimes. Well, Sunday, I was reminded loud and clear when my little brother became my little brother—forever and ever and ever.

Isaac decided to put on Christ in baptism, Sunday afternoon February 28, 2010. Thankfully, James and Mom both had cameras to capture what we saw. It is so amazing that the baby brother that I witnessed the birth of, December 1, 1997, who I snuggled and rocked and sang to and love to pieces, I got to see being born a second time as my spiritual brother. I’m going to make myself cry! : )

IMG_8002

“Isaac do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God?”

“Yes.”

IMG_2779

While Isaac was getting ready. We sang some songs. “I have decided to follow Jesus” and “I’ve Been Redeemed” were two of them. I loved that Isaac’s young friend, Riley Scott, lead one of them. There were still a lot of people there. It was so exciting to see a young person choose to follow God for himself.

IMG_2780 IMG_2782 IMG_2785 IMG_2786 IMG_2788

Then it was time for the baptism.

IMG_2792 IMG_8003IMG_2793 IMG_8005IMG_2794 IMG_2795IMG_8006

Here we were afterwards, singing and praying with our new brother (Clara was hanging out with Auntie Aspen).

IMG_8007

At home (we spent the afternoon with my family), James showed Isaac the special features of his new Thomson Chain Reference NASV. The report is that Isaac has barely put his Bible down since his baptism. I am so proud of him and love his enthusiasm and sincerity.

IMG_2815

And of course, no one can pull a camera out without pointing it at Clara. So here she is having commandeered Grandma’s apple and marked it up with her little teeth. Aww! : )

IMG_2776

Clara watched her Uncle Isaac’s baptism with interest and curiosity. Someday, we will explain what it all means to her. I pray most fervently that someday her Daddy will be able to baptize her the way my Dad baptized my brother.

Thank you, Isaac for being a good example and for choosing Christ.

3 comments:

  1. Praise God and welcome to the "Big family" Isaac! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks James for the pictures and Andrea for so beautifully describing the events of the day. You made me cry. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were really glad to hear the very good news earlier this week! Loved your blog about it.

    ReplyDelete