Monday, May 19, 2008

Locavore Inspiration


Just letting you know that the Barbara Kingsolver book, Animal Vegetable Miracle, is available in paperback now. As I wrote in my earlier post, I do not agree with the author in her complete disregard of the Creator in her marvel of creation. Politically, we would probably find ourselves in different camps as well. However, I believe that most Christians would agree with me that we (as a nation, as a world, as individuals) have been woefully negligent in our care of the planet that God has given us stewardship of and even our own bodies. Going back to whole, locally grown and produced foods is a healthy and fulfilling way to reverse that. Besides, this book is a fun and inspiring read.

Enjoy! Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I think you would probably like The Maker's Diet. I'm reading it right now, and its a really interesting book. It seems to be along the same lines as Nourishing Traditions, but taking it back to the diet God proscribed in the OT.

    ReplyDelete