Friday, August 09, 2024

Kids' Week Camp Photos

 by James 


A few days ago I shared pictures from our most recent week of summer camp, which was for teenagers. Tonight I'm sharing pictures from the first week of camp that was for younger kids. This is the week that Gideon went to alone for several days before I could join him.
We have two weeks of summer camp for children in Albania and they are back to back. Literally, the vans that bring the teens for week two are the same vans that take the younger campers home that same day. It is intense and hot and very full and very blessed.
I admit, I was somewhat dreading the experience since last year we were not ready for everything that was involved with camping in a tent in an olive grove in 105-degree temperatures. But this week was absolutely one of the best weeks of our summer. Gideon made wonderful friends, and I became closer to my Albanian coworkers and was able to grow in important and meaningful ways.
I'm already looking forward to next year so I can spend time with these wonderful kids again.

*Due to the number of photos, we are including the link to the original Facebook post below...

No comments:

Post a Comment